- 1 Kg Chicken wings, cut down to drumettes and flats
- 80g St. Louis sweet Dry Rub
- 1 bottle Florida Mandarin Glaze
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Water, enough to cover the wings completely
- Add the sea salt and sugar to the water and dissolve completely. Let cool to room temp and add the wings and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours , up to over night.
- Remove the wings and pat dry with a towel. Liberally sprinkle the RED DOG St. Louis Dry Rub thouroughly over the wings and rub into the pieces.
- Prepare your smoker aiming for approximately 220 F./ 100 C. and select your preferred smoking wood and place the wings on the grate with the glowing coals indirectly to the side and NOT directly under the Chicken. Smoke for a minimum of 1 hour upto 2.5 hours.
- You now have a choice: (finish cooking on the grill or in the oven) If you opt for the grill, stoke the coals and bring the heat up to 350 F./ 180 C. and finish cooking the wings. Approximately 5 minutes prior to lifting them off, take a sauce brush and the RED DOG mandarin glaze and add a couple of sticky coats to the wings, every couple of minutes, turning them as you apply the glaze. If you opt for the Oven, up the Temp and apply the glaze in the same manner.
Serve the ZEN slaw with any of our BBQ or Smoked recipe's.